Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What a Difference A Year Makes

For a very long time, years would pass in my life and I'd find myself at the same place I began the previous year.... career wise, relationship wise, family wise..... Now, not that those places were terrible for me, but I longed for growth, for change and most of all for love. After seeing about 5 years go in and out with me relatively in the same position, I began to think that years were nothing... not possibly enough time to be life changing... surely that would take three or four....
Ohhhh how I was so wrong. God shook up everything I thought I knew and literally handed me the life and the relationship that I had so longed for. (side note** this does not equate to everything being perfect, in fact, far from it!)

In a matter of a day, I met the man I now call my fiance. He was, or so I thought, just another match.com date after a miserable series of failed ones.... but we had an incredible phone conversation (and I hate the phone) so I figured it was worth a shot :)

At the end of the date, I knew I liked him enough to put the moves on him ;) hahahah!

In a few weeks I knew I loved him.

In three months I knew that I wanted to be with him forever.

Now, if there has EVER been ANYONE who lives life by the book and follows the rules, it's me. If there is EVER anyone who would be cautious and guarded with their heart, it's me. If there is EVER anyone who didn't believe that love could cultivate that fast, IT WAS ME. BIG TIME. But I guess as the saying goes, God doesn't give you what you want, he gives you what you need.
And what he gave me was a love so undeniable that I had to abandon my rules and just.... Love.... Trust....LET GO. and it's been the most wonderful, happy, life-changing three hundred and sixty-five days of my life.

Shane, you are my rock. You are my realist. You let me know when I'm being a jackass and a control freak and I do the same for you :)  You are my snuggly. You are my big spoon. You are my reminder to be thankful for everything that we have. You are my reminder that I am stronger and more capable than I think I am and You are strong for me, when I can't  be. You are my taste-tester. You are my shopping partner. You are my partner in crime, and you are my partner in FAITH. You are my LOVE.

Here's to one year, and many, many more!!

2 comments: